SIT60322 Advanced Diploma
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior managers who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with specialised managerial skills and substantial knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate with significant autonomy and are responsible for making strategic business management decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector and for a diversity of employers including restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for acquiring targeted skills in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
The skills in this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian standards and industry codes of practice.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
CRICOS Course Code 110371B
Duration: 87 weeks, including 66 teaching weeks plus 21 weeks of holidays.
Term Dates: Refer to the Institute’s Academic Calendar.
This program is delivered in the classroom. Practical face to face training is provided in a commercial kitchen.
Classroom: Aventia Institute, Level 1, 93 Edward Street, Brisbane 4000
Training kitchen: Vanilla Zulu 92, Commercial Road, Teneriffe, Brisbane, QLD, 4005, Australia
Aventia Institute’s entry requirements are as follows:
- Be 18 years and above.
- Have completed Year 12 or equivalent.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS Overall score of 5.5 with no less than 5 sub score or equivalent English proficiency as determined by Aventia Institute (Test results must be no more than 2 years old). OR
- (IELTS) Overall band score 5 or equivalent, if packaged with at least 10 weeks’ ELICOS; OR
- (IELTS) Overall band score of 4.5 or equivalent, if packaged with at least 20 weeks’ ELICOS
- English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country.
- the student has successfully completed a foundation course in Australia
- the student has successfully completed the College English Placement Test.
- An applicant, who, in the 2 years before applying for the course as holder of a student visa, has successfully completed a substantial component (More than 50%) of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV level or higher that was conducted in Australia and in English, while the applicant was holding a student visa OR
- Where a student cannot provide evidence of English language proficiency as above, they will be required to complete the Versant Placement Test. The Versant Placement Test includes a score mapping to the CEFR which in turn maps back to IELTS. Therefore, the student’s results from this test will be mapped back to the IELTS entry requirements indicated above to check they have met requirements.
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
Students must complete a total of Thirty-Three (33) units including fourteen (14) core units and Nineteen (19) elective units
- BSBFIN601 Manage organisational finances
- BSBOPS601 Develop and implement business plans
- SITXCCS016 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXFIN009 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN010 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXFIN011 Manage physical assets
- SITXGLC002 Identify and manage legal risks and comply with law
- SITXHRM009 Lead and manage people
- SITXHRM010 Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXHRM012 Monitor staff performance
- SITXMGT004 Monitor work operations
- SITXMGT005 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXMPR014 Develop and implement marketing strategies
- SITXWHS008 Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
Refer to the Aventia course brochure for the list of Electives.
Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into a range of Advanced Diploma qualifications.
Potential employment options are in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or business manager. See also possible job title roles indicated in the qualification description.
RTO No. 41418 | CRICOS CODE 03473J
© 2024 Aventia Institute. All Rights Reserved.