FNS41820 Certificate IV in Financial Services
This qualification is designed to provide a flexible general-purpose pathway in the financial services industry. It is intended for individuals with job roles that involve working across a range of duties in the financial services sector where a specialist qualification is not the most suitable qualification. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and technical knowledge and skills to work autonomously and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities.
Work functions in the occupational areas where this qualification is used may be subject to regulatory requirements. Refer to the relevant regulator for specific guidance on requirements.
CRICOS Course Code 106592A
Duration: 52 weeks, including 40 teaching weeks and 12 weeks of holidays .
Term Dates: Refer to the Institute’s academic Calendar.
Classroom based – face to face
Level 1, 93 Edward Street, Brisbane City, QLD 4000
Aventia Institute has the following entry requirements:
International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have completed Year 12 or equivalent.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS Overall score of 5.5 with no less than 5 sub score or equivalent English proficiency as determined by Aventia Institute (Test results must be no more than 2 years old). OR
- (IELTS) Overall band score 5 or equivalent, if packaged with at least 10 weeks’ ELICOS; OR
- (IELTS) Overall band score of 4.5 or equivalent, if packaged with at least 20 weeks’ ELICOS
- English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country.
- the student has successfully completed a foundation course in Australia
- the student has successfully completed the College English Placement Test.
- An applicant, who, in the 2 years before applying for the course as holder of a student visa, has successfully completed a substantial component (More than 50% of the course) of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV level or higher that was conducted in Australia and in English, while the applicant was holding a student visa OR
- Where a student cannot provide evidence of English language proficiency as above, they will be required to complete the Versant Placement Test. The Versant Placement Test includes a score mapping to the CEFR which in turn maps back to IELTS. Therefore, the student’s results from this test will be mapped back to the IELTS entry requirements indicated above to check they have met requirements.
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
Students must complete a total of 13 units (1 core unit and 12 elective units).
- FNSINC411 Conduct work according to professional practices in the financial services industry
- FNSCRD401 Assess credit applications
- FNSACC412 Prepare operational budgets
- FNSACC413 Make decisions in a legal context
- FNSFMK515 Comply with financial services regulation and industry codes of practice
- FNSINC503 Identify situations requiring complex ethical decision making
- FNSINC504 Apply ethical frameworks and principles to make and act upon decisions
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBPMG411 Apply project quality management techniques
Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into the FNS51820 Diploma of Financial Services or other Diploma qualifications in the Financial Services Training Package.
Potential employment options are in a range of financial services contexts.
RTO No. 41418 | CRICOS CODE 03473J
© 2023 Aventia Institute. All Rights Reserved.