FNS41820 Certificate IV in Financial Services
This qualification is designed to provide a flexible general-purpose pathway in the financial services industry. It is intended for individuals with job roles that involve working across a range of duties in the financial services sector where a specialist qualification is not the most suitable qualification. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and technical knowledge and skills to work autonomously and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities.
Work functions in the occupational areas where this qualification is used may be subject to regulatory requirements. Refer to the relevant regulator for specific guidance on requirements.
CRICOS Course Code 106592A
Duration: 52 weeks, including 40 teaching weeks and 12 weeks of holidays .
Term Dates: Refer to the Institute’s academic Calendar.
Classroom based – face to face
Level 1, 93 Edward Street, Brisbane City, QLD 4000
Aventia Institute has the following entry requirements:
International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have completed Year 12 or equivalent.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS* score of 5.5 (test results must be no more than 2 years old). English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- Educated for 5 years in an English speaking country; or
- Successful completion of an English Placement Test
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
Students must complete a total of 13 units (1 core unit and 12 elective units).
- FNSINC411 Conduct work according to professional practices in the financial services industry
- FNSCRD401 Assess credit applications
- FNSACC412 Prepare operational budgets
- FNSACC413 Make decisions in a legal context
- FNSFMK515 Comply with financial services regulation and industry codes of practice
- FNSINC503 Identify situations requiring complex ethical decision making
- FNSINC504 Apply ethical frameworks and principles to make and act upon decisions
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBPMG411 Apply project quality management techniques
Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into the FNS51820 Diploma of Financial Services or other Diploma qualifications in the Financial Services Training Package.
Potential employment options are in a range of financial services contexts.
RTO No. 41418 | CRICOS CODE 03473J
© 2021 Aventia Institute. All Rights Reserved.