CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
This qualification reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities.
At this level, workers have specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. Workers are usually providing direct support to individuals or groups of individuals. Workers may also have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
The qualification requires that candidates must have completed at least 100 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
CRICOS Course Code 106593M
Duration: 104 weeks, including 80 teaching weeks and 24 weeks of holidays .
Term Dates: Refer to the Institute’s academic Calendar.
This program is delivered in the classroom. A work placement is also required.
Level 1, 93 Edward Street, Brisbane City, QLD 4000
Aventia Institute has the following entry requirements:
- International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have completed the equivalent of Year 12.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS Overall score of 5.5 with no less than 5 sub score or equivalent English proficiency as determined by Aventia Institute (Test results must be no more than 2 years old). OR
- (IELTS) Overall band score 5 or equivalent, if packaged with at least 10 weeks’ ELICOS; OR
- (IELTS) Overall band score of 4.5 or equivalent, if packaged with at least 20 weeks’ ELICOS
- English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country.
- the student has successfully completed a foundation course in Australia
- the student has successfully completed the College English Placement Test.
- An applicant, who, in the 2 years before applying for the course as holder of a student visa, has successfully completed a substantial component (More than 50% of the course) of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV level or higher that was conducted in Australia and in English, while the applicant was holding a student visa OR
- Where a student cannot provide evidence of English language proficiency as above, they will be required to complete the Versant Placement Test. The Versant Placement Test includes a score mapping to the CEFR which in turn maps back to IELTS. Therefore, the student’s results from this test will be mapped back to the IELTS entry requirements indicated above to check they have met requirements.
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
Students must complete a total of 16 units (8 core unit and 8 elective units).
- CHCCCS007 Develop and implement service programs
- CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCDEV002 Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT005 Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- CHCDEV001 Confirm client developmental status
- CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs
- CHCADV002 Provide advocacy and representation services
- CHCCDE011 Implement community development strategies
- CHCCSL001 Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into CHC62015 Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management or higher education qualification in community services.
Potential employment options are in a range of community services management roles.
RTO No. 41418 | CRICOS CODE 03473J
© 2023 Aventia Institute. All Rights Reserved.