BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
CRICOS Course Code 098845M
Duration: 84 weeks, including 60 teaching weeks and 24 weeks of holidays .
Term Dates: Refer to the Institute’s academic Calendar.
Classroom based – face to face
Level 1, 93 Edward Street, Brisbane City, QLD 4000
Aventia Institute’s entry requirements are as follows:
International students must be at least 18 years of age and must have completed at least the equivalent of Year 12 (or completion of Year 10 with at least 3 years work experience) or the Certificate IV level course.
These students must also have an IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent (test results must be no more than 2 years old).
International Students may not be required to provide evidence of English Language competence where documented evidence can be provided to demonstrate any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country.
- the student has completed at least 6 months of a Certificate IV level course in an Australian RTO.
- the student has successfully completed a foundation course in Australia
- the student has successfully completed the College English Placement Test.
- the student has successfully completed their High School in English Language.
Where a student cannot provide evidence of English language proficiency as above, they will be required to complete the Versant Placement Test. The Versant Placement Test includes a score mapping to the CEFR which in turn maps back to IELTS. Therefore the student’s results from this test will be mapped back to the IELTS entry requirements indicated above to check they have met requirements.
Students must complete a total of 12 units (4 core unit and 8 elective units).
- BSBLDR511 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
- BSBHRM512 Develop and manage performance management processes
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBMKG501 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBLDR513 Communicate with influence
Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into such courses as BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and management or a range of other Advanced Diploma qualifications.
While job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors, students who complete this course may gain work as a manager in a range of industries.
RTO No. 41418 | CRICOS CODE 03473J
© 2020 Aventia Institute. All Rights Reserved.