BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
This qualification is suited to those working as administrators and project officers. In this role, individuals use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base to apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
CRICOS Course Code 090592C
Duration: 29 weeks, including 25 teaching weeks and 4 weeks of holidays.
Term Dates:Refer to the Institute’s academic Calendar.
Classroom based – face to face
Level 1, 93 Edward Street, Brisbane City, QLD 4000
Aventia Institute entry requirements for international students are as follows:
- Age 18+
- IELTS Overall score of 5.5 with no less than 5 sub score or equivalent English proficiency as determined by Aventia Institute (Test results must be no more than 2 years old).
- Completed Year 10, or equivalent or the BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
International Students may not be required to provide evidence of English Language competence where documented evidence can be provided to demonstrate any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country.
- the student has successfully completed a foundation course in Australia
- the student has successfully completed the College English Placement Test.
- the student has successfully completed their Year 10, or equivalent in English Language.
Where a student cannot provide evidence of English language proficiency as above, they will be required to complete the Versant Placement Test. The Versant Placement Test includes a score mapping to the CEFR which in turn maps back to IELTS. Therefore, the student’s results from this test will be mapped back to the IELTS entry requirements indicated above to check they have met requirements.
Students must complete a total of 10 units (1 core unit and 9 elective units).
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBMKG414 Undertake marketing activities
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
- BSBADM405 Organise meetings
- BSBSMB407 Manage a small team
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB402 Plan small business finances
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
Students who complete the BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business may wish to progress into the BSB50215 Diploma of Business or other Diploma qualifications in the Business Services Training Package.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. A possible job title relevant to this qualification is:
• Project officer
• Team leader
RTO No. 41418 | CRICOS CODE 03473J
© 2020 Aventia Institute. All Rights Reserved.