Certificate III in Business
This qualification reflects the varied roles of individuals across different industry sectors who apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
CRICOS Course Code 090591D
Duration: 52 weeks, including 40 teaching weeks and 12 weeks of holidays .
Term Dates: Refer to the Institute’s academic Calendar.
Classroom based – face to face
Level 1, 93 Edward Street, Brisbane City, QLD 4000
Aventia Institute entry requirements for international students are as follows:
- Age 18+
- IELTS Overall score of 5.5 with no less than 5 sub score or equivalent English proficiency as determined by Aventia Institute (Test results must be no more than 2 years old).
- Completed Year 10, or equivalent.
International Students may not be required to provide evidence of English Language competence where documented evidence can be provided to demonstrate any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country.
- the student has successfully completed a foundation course in Australia
- the student has successfully completed the College English Placement Test.
- the student has successfully completed their Year 10, or equivalent in English Language.
Where a student cannot provide evidence of English language proficiency as above, they will be required to complete the Versant Placement Test. The Versant Placement Test includes a score mapping to the CEFR which in turn maps back to IELTS. Therefore, the student’s results from this test will be mapped back to the IELTS entry requirements indicated above to check they have met requirements.
Students must complete a total of 12 units (1 core unit and 11 elective units).
- BSBWHS302 Apply knowledge of WHS Legislation in the workplace
- BSBWOR204 Use business technology
- BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- BSBITU314 Produce spreadsheets
- BSBADM311 Maintain business resources
- BSBITU315 Purchase goods and services online
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal workplace priorities and development
- BSBFLM312 Contribute to team effectiveness
- BSBCUS301 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBCMM301 Process customer complaints
- BSBSMB304 Determine resource requirements for the micro business
Students who complete the BSB30115 Certificate III in Business may wish to progress in the BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business or other Certificate IV qualifications in the Business Services Training Package.
Possible job roles for students who successfully complete this qualification are:
- Administration Assistant
- Clerical Worker
- Data Entry Operator
- Information Desk Clerk
- Office Junior
RTO No. 41418 | CRICOS CODE 03473J
© 2020 Aventia Institute. All Rights Reserved.