This qualification reflects the role of individuals who undertake leadership and management roles in the automotive industry. It is suitable for entry into senior management roles in all sectors of the automotive industry.
CRICOS Course Code 106365A
Duration: 52 weeks, including 40 teaching weeks plus 12 weeks of holidays.
Term Dates:Refer to the Institute’s academic Calendar.
This program is delivered in the classroom and in an automotive workshop.
Classroom: Aventia Institute, Level 1, 93 Edward Street, Brisbane 4000
Automotive Workshop: Junction Automotive, 89 Granite St, Geebung, QLD – 4034
Aventia Institute’s entry requirements are as follows:
- Be 18 years and above.
- Have completed Year 12 or equivalent.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS overall score of 5.5 with no less than 5 sub score or equivalent English proficiency as determined by Aventia Institute (Test results must be no more than 2 years old).
International Students may not be required to provide evidence of English Language competence where documented evidence can be provided to demonstrate any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country.
- the student has successfully least 6 months of a Certificate IV level course in an Australian RTO
- the student has successfully completed the College English Placement Test.
Where a student cannot provide evidence of English language proficiency as above, they will be required to complete the Versant Placement Test. The Versant Placement Test includes a score mapping to the CEFR which in turn maps back to IELTS. Therefore, the student’s results from this test will be mapped back to the IELTS entry requirements indicated above to check they have met requirements.
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
Students must complete a total of Ten (10) units including One (1) core unit and Nine (9) elective units
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- AURAEA004 Manage environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- AURAMA005 Manage complex customer issues in an automotive workplace
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- AURAMA006 Contribute to planning and implementing business improvement in an automotive workplace
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
Students may apply for recognition of existing qualifications or skills, knowledge and experience (credit transfer or recognition of prior learning). The granting of course credit may affect course fees as well as the duration of the course.
Potential employment options are in a range of business industry areas.
RTO No. 41418 | CRICOS CODE 03473J
© 2021 Aventia Institute. All Rights Reserved.