AUR30620 Certificate III
Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform a broad range of tasks on a variety of light vehicles in the automotive retail, service and repair industry.
CRICOS Course Code 106363C
Duration: 67 weeks, including 52 teaching weeks plus 15 weeks of holidays.
Term Dates:Refer to the Institute’s academic Calendar.
This program is delivered in the classroom and in an automotive workshop.
Classroom: Aventia Institute, Level 1, 93 Edward Street, Brisbane 4000
Automotive Workshop: Junction Automotive, 89 Granite St, Geebung, QLD – 4034
Aventia Institute’s entry requirements are as follows:
- Be 18 years and above.
- Have completed Year 12 or equivalent.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS overall score of 5.5 with no less than 5 sub score or equivalent English proficiency as determined by Aventia Institute (Test results must be no more than 2 years old).
International Students may not be required to provide evidence of English Language competence where documented evidence can be provided to demonstrate any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country.
- the student has successfully least 6 months of a Certificate IV level course in an Australian RTO
- the student has successfully completed the College English Placement Test.
Where a student cannot provide evidence of English language proficiency as above, they will be required to complete the Versant Placement Test. The Versant Placement Test includes a score mapping to the CEFR which in turn maps back to IELTS. Therefore, the student’s results from this test will be mapped back to the IELTS entry requirements indicated above to check they have met requirements.
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
Students must complete a total of Thirty-Six (36) units including twenty (20) core units and sixteen (16) elective units
- AURAEA002 Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- AURASA102 Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- AURTTA104 Carry out servicing operations
- AURTTA118 Develop and carry out diagnostic test strategies
- AURTTK102 Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
- AURETR112 Test and repair basic electrical circuits
- AURETR125 Test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles
- AURETR129 Diagnose and repair charging systems
- AURETR130 Diagnose and repair starting systems
- AURETR131 Diagnose and repair ignition systems
- AURETR123 Diagnose and repair spark ignition engine management systems
- AURLTE102 Diagnose and repair light vehicle engines
- AURLTZ101 Diagnose and repair light vehicle emission control systems
- AURTTC103 Diagnose and repair cooling systems
- AURTTE104 Inspect and service engines
- AURTTF101 Inspect and service petrol fuel systems
- AURLTB103 Diagnose and repair light vehicle hydraulic braking systems
- AURLTD104 Diagnose and repair light vehicle steering systems
- AURLTD105 Diagnose and repair light vehicle suspension systems
- AURTTB101 Inspect and service braking systems
- AURAFA103 Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
- AURLTJ102 Remove, inspect, repair and refit light vehicle tyres and tubes
- AURLTJ113 Remove, inspect and refit light vehicle wheel and tyre assemblies
- AURTTJ011 Balance wheels and tyres
- AURTTK001 Use and maintain measuring equipment in an automotive workplace
- AURETR128 Diagnose and repair instruments and warning systems
- AURETR132 Diagnose and repair automotive electrical systems
- AURETR143 Diagnose and repair electronic body management systems
- AURTTF102 Inspect and service diesel fuel injection systems
- AURTTZ002 Diagnose and repair exhaust systems
- AURLTQ101 Diagnose and repair light vehicle final drive assemblies
- AURLTQ102 Diagnose and repair light vehicle drive shafts
- AURLTX102 Diagnose and repair light vehicle automatic transmissions
- AURLTX101 Diagnose and repair light vehicle manual transmissions
- AURLTX103 Diagnose and repair light vehicle clutch systems
- AURTTA105 Select and use bearings, seals, gaskets, sealants and adhesives
Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into a range of Certificate IV qualifications from the AUR Training Package such as the AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis..
Potential employment options are roles relevant to light vehicle automotive technology.
RTO No. 41418 | CRICOS CODE 03473J
© 2021 Aventia Institute. All Rights Reserved.