Diploma of Agribusiness Management
This qualification reflects the role of those working in decision-making and supervisory roles on farms, stations and related rural businesses.
At this level, workers take personal responsibility and exercise autonomy in undertaking complex work. They must analyse information and exercise judgement to complete a range of advanced skilled activities.
CRICOS Course Code 108774A
Duration: 52 weeks, including 40 teaching weeks and 12 weeks of holidays.
Term Dates: Refer to the Institute’s academic Calendar.
Classroom based – face to face
Level 1, 93 Edward Street, Brisbane City, QLD 4000
Aventia Institute has the following entry requirements:
International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have completed Year 12 or equivalent.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS* score of 5.5 (test results must be no more than 2 years old). English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- Educated for 5 years in an English speaking country; or
- Successful completion of an English Placement Test
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
Students must complete a total of 10 elective units.
- BSBOPS504 Manage business risk
- AHCBUS516 Develop and review a business plan
- AHCBUS517 Monitor and review business performance
- AHCBUS518 Prepare and monitor budgets and financial reports
- AHCAGB518 Develop climate risk management strategies
- AHCECR506 Develop and implement sustainable land use strategies
- AHCAGB513 Develop a farm plan
- AHCSOL505 Monitor and manage soils for production
- AHCBUS511 Manage enterprise staff requirements
- AHCAGB519 Plan and monitor production processes
Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into the further studies in the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package.
Potential employment options are:
- Property Manager
- Production Unit Manager/Administrator
- Farm Manager/Administrator
- Station Manager
- Agribusiness Manager/Administrator
RTO No. 41418 | CRICOS CODE 03473J
© 2022 Aventia Institute. All Rights Reserved.