Certificate IV in Horticulture
This qualification allows individuals to develop post-trade skills and knowledge across a broad coverage of the industry prior to undertaking higher level roles in the industry.
CRICOS Course Code 108771D
Duration: 39 weeks, including 30 teaching weeks and 9 weeks of holidays.
Term Dates: Refer to the Institute’s academic Calendar.
Classroom based – face to face
Level 1, 93 Edward Street, Brisbane City, QLD 4000
Aventia Institute has the following entry requirements:
International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have completed Year 12 or equivalent.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS Overall score of 5.5 with no less than 5 sub score or equivalent English proficiency as determined by Aventia Institute (Test results must be no more than 2 years old). OR
- (IELTS) Overall band score 5 or equivalent, if packaged with at least 10 weeks’ ELICOS; OR
- (IELTS) Overall band score of 4.5 or equivalent, if packaged with at least 20 weeks’ ELICOS
- English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country.
- the student has successfully completed a foundation course in Australia
- the student has successfully completed the College English Placement Test.
- An applicant, who, in the 2 years before applying for the course as holder of a student visa, has successfully completed a substantial component (More than 50% of the course) of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV level or higher that was conducted in Australia and in English, while the applicant was holding a student visa OR
- Where a student cannot provide evidence of English language proficiency as above, they will be required to complete the Versant Placement Test. The Versant Placement Test includes a score mapping to the CEFR which in turn maps back to IELTS. Therefore, the student’s results from this test will be mapped back to the IELTS entry requirements indicated above to check they have met requirements.
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
Students must complete a total of 12 units (1 core unit and 11 elective units).
- AHCWHS401 Maintain work health and safety processes
- AHCPCM404 Recommend plants and cultural practices
- AHCSOL406 Sample soils and interpret results
- AHCNSY404 Plan a propagation program
- AHCIRG442 Supervise irrigation system installation
- AHCLSC401 Supervise landscape project works
- AHCMER408 Coordinate customer service and networking activities
- AHCBUS408 Operate within a budget framework
- AHCPGD401 Design plant displays
- AHCBUS407 Cost a project
- TLIR4002 Source goods/services and evaluate contractors
- BSBHRM415 Coordinate recruitment and onboarding
Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into the AHC50416 Diploma of Horticulture or other Diploma qualifications in the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package.
Potential employment options are:
- Horticulture team leader
- Senior Horticulturalist
RTO No. 41418 | CRICOS CODE 03473J
© 2022 Aventia Institute. All Rights Reserved.