Certificate III in Horticulture
This qualification provides a general vocational outcome in amenity horticulture.
CRICOS Course Code 108770E
Duration: 52 weeks, including 40 teaching weeks and 12 weeks of holidays.
Term Dates: Refer to the Institute’s academic Calendar.
Classroom based – face to face
Level 1, 93 Edward Street, Brisbane City, QLD 4000
Aventia Institute has the following entry requirements:
International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have completed Year 12 or equivalent.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS* score of 5.5 (test results must be no more than 2 years old). English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- Educated for 5 years in an English speaking country; or
- Successful completion of an English Placement Test
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
Students must complete a total of 16 units (5 core unit and 11 elective units).
- AHCWHS301 Contribute to work health and safety processes
- AHCPMG301 Control weeds
- AHCPMG302 Control plant pests, diseases and disorders
- AHCSOL304 Implement soil improvements for garden and turf areas
- AHCPCM306 Provide information on plants and their culture
- AHCCHM304 Transport and store chemicals
- FWPFGM3217 Fell trees manually (advanced)
- AHCARB306 Undertake aerial rescue
- AHCWRK305 Coordinate work site activities
- AHCARB309 Implement a tree protection program
- AHCARB305 Dismantle trees
- FWPCOT3301 Trim trees using a pole saw
- AHCBIO303 Apply biosecurity measures
- AHCCHM307 Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases
- AHCARB314 Implement a tree maintenance program
- AHCNSY308 Maintain nursery plants
Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into the AHC40416 Certificate IV in Horticulture or other Certificate IV qualifications in the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package.
Potential employment options are:
- Plant Nurseryperson
- Horticultural Technical Officer
RTO No. 41418 | CRICOS CODE 03473J
© 2022 Aventia Institute. All Rights Reserved.