Certificate II in Horticulture
This qualification underpins a range of work functions and job roles that can lead to a horticultural trade qualification.
CRICOS Course Code 108769J
Duration: 26 weeks, including 20 teaching weeks and 6 weeks of holidays .
Term Dates: Refer to the Institute’s academic Calendar.
Classroom based – face to face
Level 1, 93 Edward Street, Brisbane City, QLD 4000
Aventia Institute has the following entry requirements:
International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have completed Year 10 or equivalent.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS Overall score of 5.5 with no less than 5 sub score or equivalent English proficiency as determined by Aventia Institute (Test results must be no more than 2 years old). OR
- (IELTS) Overall band score 5 or equivalent, if packaged with at least 10 weeks’ ELICOS; OR
- (IELTS) Overall band score of 4.5 or equivalent, if packaged with at least 20 weeks’ ELICOS
- English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country.
- the student has successfully completed a foundation course in Australia
- the student has successfully completed the College English Placement Test.
- An applicant, who, in the 2 years before applying for the course as holder of a student visa, has successfully completed a substantial component (More than 50% of the course) of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV level or higher that was conducted in Australia and in English, while the applicant was holding a student visa OR
- Where a student cannot provide evidence of English language proficiency as above, they will be required to complete the Versant Placement Test. The Versant Placement Test includes a score mapping to the CEFR which in turn maps back to IELTS. Therefore, the student’s results from this test will be mapped back to the IELTS entry requirements indicated above to check they have met requirements.
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
Students must complete a total of 15 units (5 core unit and 10 elective units).
- AHCWHS201 Participate in work health and safety processes
- AHCPCM204 Recognise plants
- AHCPMG201 Treat weeds
- AHCPMG202 Treat plant pests, diseases and disorders
- AHCSOL203 Assist with soil or growing media sampling and testing
- AHCNSY205 Pot up plants
- AHCNSY206 Care for nursery plants
- AHCNSY207 Undertake propagation activities
- AHCNSY208 Maintain indoor plants
- AHCPGD201 Plant trees and shrubs
- AHCWRK204 Work effectively in the industry
- AHCPGD202 Prepare and maintain plant displays
- AHCPGD203 Prune shrubs and small trees
- AHCWRK205 Participate in workplace communications
- AHCWRK209 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into the AHC30716 Certificate III in Horticulture or other Certificate III qualifications in the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package.
Possible employment outcomes include Horticulture worker and Horticulture assistant.
RTO No. 41418 | CRICOS CODE 03473J
© 2022 Aventia Institute. All Rights Reserved.